April 26, 2011

The Director of Fun is back!


Sam Pointon became the Director of Fun for a railway two years ago. Since then, he's had lots of adventures! (If you have trouble understanding him, click the "Read more" link below.)
Q. How did you become Director of Fun?
A. When I was in Devon on holiday, one of my sisters was reading the newspaper and they said, kind of as a joke, "You could apply". And I kinda took it serious. And I asked if I could apply, and I applied. And they said "We can't give you the job as Director, but we can give you the job as the Director of Fun."

Q. What do you like best about being Director of Fun?
A. It's cos I like... you get filmed and... I can get stuff for free!

Q. Maria Hibb asks via email: "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
A. I want to be a train driver... because I love trains.

Q. Anonymous comments on Letters Of Note: "What's he holding in his application picture, and what's the yellow thing behind him?"
A. It was me holding up some tickets, with I think it was a ticket box in France.

Q. Owhen comments on The Daily What: "I think we should appoint Directors and Presidents of Fun for everything"
A. Yeah, because if there was like an eight-year-old as a Prime Minister, they might not have as strict rules as adult Prime Ministers do, and like they'll have really silly rules.

Q. Pat Donovan says via email: "Sam, I think it would be fun to have a railway music day, full of songs about trains."
A. [Do you know any train songs, Sam?] I know the Thomas The Tank Engine song that's a bit joyful and cheerful. [Can you sing it?] ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry—spammers mean that a Google account is necessary to comment. (Spammers aren't cute!)